Elaina Mancuso—In less than four days, students will be making their way home, or better yet to a spring break destination. It’s midterms week and I can feel the anticipation in the Brockport air. If you’re heading somewhere warm for break, you’ll want to read up on these tips and items which are key to having the most fun and safe destination spring break yet!
SAFETY FIRST, KIDS:
- Use the buddy system. Always have a buddy. Always. No matter where you go or what you do, always have a buddy.
What to definitely bring:
- Identification – passport, ID, student ID?
- Some means of communication – i.e. cell phone, walkie talkie, etc.
- Camera – digital or disposable, your choice!
- Cellphone/ walkie-talkie charger
- Blue Tooth Radio for the beach
- You won’t want to forget it… Underwear (I hope I wouldn’t have to remind you, but just in case..)
- Swim suit, even if the Gulf is a cool 67 degrees
- Brockport tee/hoodie! Rep your school tastefully and proudly.
From the Medicine Cabinet:
- Any prescription(s) you may have
- Deodorant (Again, hope I wouldn’t have to remind you, but just in case!)
- Sunscreen, and if you’re fair skinned like me preferably something waterproof, 50+ SPF
- Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Moisturizer, Lime Coolada Fragrance – aloe vera and moisturizers are perfect for soothing your skin after the beach or shower!
- Fanny pack – because who wants to carry a purse around?
- Something repping an American Flag.. because ‘Merica!
Spring Break 2014 is already looking more sunny! Even if you’re staying home, you can incorporate these items into your spring break. Channel your inner beach bum by laying in front of the fireplace (soaking up the sun) and applying that sunscreen. If you are headed somewhere warm, you won’t want to forget to pack these items. Panama City Beach, FL, here I come!